Yesterday, I celebrated my 29th birthday!
I took the day off from work, which is always a nice way to celebrate.
I started the day with my second monthly OB appointment where we listen to make sure baby‘s still there and any questions are answered (they wanted to know about any indigestion, I wanted to know if I could spray tan, lol).
I also visited my Mima, took calls from family, Skyped with my Mom, and laid out on my new deck for a beautiful and uninterrupted 25 minutes!
I ended the day with a surprise manicure and pedicure as a gift from Jeremy and a lovely dinner out with friends at Seasons 52 (one of my favorite restaurants)!
It’s also time to calculate how well I did on the 28 goals I set on my birthday last year: . See the results on my Goals page.
And make a few more for this year. Here they are, my 29 goals, in no particular order:
- Find more blog/life balance
- Focus on ways to decrease stress
- Carry and deliver a healthy baby
- Throw a gender reveal party
- Maintain fitness (not weight) focus
- Finish dining room projects
- Visit two places I’ve never been
- Organize photo albums
- Scan all photos for safety
- Buy a fire/water-proof safe for things like mortgage documents
- Take a cooking class
- Make peace with what you can’t control
- Keep active relationships
- Save $2,000 through couponing
- Go dancing
- Keep paper clutter to a minimum
- Buy a simple video camera
- Watch my brother graduate from college
- Navigate baby shopping without losing my mind
- Bake cinnamon rolls from scratch
- Help plan a family vacation for next year
- Help plan a 30th birthday girls’ getaway for next year
- See The Avengers
- Finish reading The Hunger Games series
- Hang photos in our home
- Work on backyard landscaping
- Grow Brussels sprouts
- Complete a pregnancy photo project
- Survive Dec. 21, 2012
So, there you have it. Some are deep, some are superficial, some are fun and some are left over from last year. Haha, okay, and the last one is a cheat.
Have a great week–my Mom would tell you to make it a good one! Feel free to make that a goal…or share another one you have.