This is baby and I.
- Foods–I really enjoy ice-filled water and drink about 60 ounces a day. My diet is as non-acid inducing as possible and I started a new, baby-safe medication regiment that has done wonders.
- Body–OK, NOW I’m showing. I think all my water drinking has kept swollen ankles and fingers at bay for now. Lotion is part of my daily routine to try to keep away those dreaded stretch marks. So far so good. But, you can only do what you can and make peace with what happens anyways, right? My belly button has been shallow for several weeks and now the top of it is just starting to turn outward.
- Sleep–I’m sleeping alright. I’m used to my nights now. There’s lots of switching form side to side and I have to roll via my back, not my stomach like I used to. Luckily, I also have a pillow to place under the belly. Round ligament pain twinges if I just lay on my side without it. Have a feeling that’s going to get worse. :)
- Work–We still aren’t talking about work. I’m trying to focus on it during work hours and that’s it. I don’t blog at work so it’s only fair, right?
- Other people–People have no hesitation to ask me if I’m pregnant lately. Then proceed to tell me how I’m barely showing. Or, that I’m big. Or that I’m going to get big. I know there’s cliches and jokes about what to expect while you are pregnant, but even when you know what’s coming, it’s very odd to experience how personal you get with people and the affect it can have on you. Not always because you had any intention to when you walked by them!
What I learned over the past month:
- Life really knows how to kick you in pants. Had quite a bit to deal with the past 30 days but we came through it and are really grateful for all of you who checked in on us, prayed for us and shared your stories.
- Baby girl is the size of a cantaloupe. Apparently that’s just big enough to start to feel her move! My placenta is situated in front of her so they told me I would feel her later than most people. It’s a weird, swimming sensation. The first time I felt it was the middle of week 21. I thought it was my stomach growling–then I realized it was on my right side. It was a funny moment of “hey! that must be her!!!”
- How lengthy a registry can get! I was a firm believer that we would just get essentials for a small baby and a small house…I think we did fairly good and we still ended up with more than a hundred items. Wow!
- Jeremy and my photo shoots are getting goofier. I give you exhibit A:
and exhibit B:
So, what’s going on with you? Let’s share, and I wish you a great weekend!